Harris HMC Graduate/Final Year Internship Program
- Work directly with industry professionals to learn all areas of the building industry
- Meaningful work experience potentially leading to permanent roles once you graduate
- Kick start your career ahead of your peers through our work integrated program for final year students
Harris HMC is a family owned and operated business at its core, with the hallmarks of a larger organisation. We’re striving to be a Top 1% Company in the building industry – for the work we do, for our clients and for our staff.
Our services include:
- Construction: our new-build division, driving projects from concept to completion in areas such as multi-residential apartments, community, aged care, education and mausoleums.
- Interiors: commercial and office fitouts, refurbishments and extensions, building change of use, and speciality and heritage projects.
- Maintenance: multi-site facilities maintenance, commercial property maintenance, general building maintenance and refurbishment works, and emergency repairs and storm damage.
- Electrics: general electrical works, switchboard maintenance and upgrades, preventative maintenance, and emergency call-outs and breakdowns.
The Harris HMC Graduate/Final Year Internship Program commenced in 2016 with the view to promote and provide opportunities to future construction professionals and to identify future talent for our business. Over the last 5 years, it has been an extremely successful initiative for both our people and the business!
Our program aims to allows you to:
- Translate your theoretical knowledge into practical knowledge
- Gain experience and knowledge in a leading commercial construction company
- Network with industry professionals
- Undertake meaningful work in a supportive environment
- Gain exposure to different areas of the construction industry to assist you in defining you career direction
- the Construction Division (Estimating, Project Coordinating alongside a PM/CA and on site with a Site Manager)
- the Interiors Division (Estimating, Project Coordinating alongside a PM/CA and on site with a Site Manager)
- the Maintenance and Electrics Divisions
- the HSEQ Team
- Construction and Project Management university students completing their final year of study in 2022
- We will also consider students graduating in 2023
Please note that students who would have completed their studies by 2021 will not be eligible for the program.
- A passion for the construction industry
- Attitude and behaviour which aligns to the Harris HMC values and culture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated work experience (in a relevant field or otherwise)
- A proactive and positive attitude
- Eager to continuously learn and develop
- The ability to work well in teams, as well as autonomously when required
- Academic achievement (will be considered but it’s more important that you align with our company values).
- Online application
- Phone interview
- Panel interview
For further information about Harris HMC or the Graduate/Final Year Internship program, please contact People and Culture on