Victorian Auditor-General’s Office (VAGO)
Sector: Commercial, Government
Address: Levels 31 & 32, 35 Collins Street, Melbourne
Client : Victorian Auditor-General’s Office
Final($) : 3.1m
Duration : February – May 2017 (15 weeks)
Architect : Baumgart Clark Architects
A superior commercial office fitout in one of Melbourne’s most prestigious high-rise office towers in the iconic east end of the CBD. Harris HMC was engaged to deliver a complete commercial office fitout adopting value management processes to drive considerable cost-savings to the client.
Our role was to create a vibrant, secure and first-rate office space across levels 31 and 32 that included large open plan work areas and meeting zones. A key consideration was acoustic treatment to attenuate sound leakage as much as possible. With the worksite located directly below the Sofitel Hotel, Harris HMC collaborated effectively with VAGO, Baumgart Clark Architects, building stakeholders and other independently engaged consultants and subcontractors to successfully deliver the following scope of works:
- Commercial office space fitout including feature inter-tenancy stair, meeting rooms, break-out areas, kitchens, coffee stations and large open plan workstations
- Installation of new electrical, fire, mechanical and hydraulic services and security and AV systems
- Installation of full plasterboard partitions with double glazing and solid core doors with seals for acoustic comfort
- Installation of new floor finishes, high end kiln dried hardwood joinery and workstations, furniture, toughened glass whiteboards, timber veneer doors and feature baffled ceilings
- Installation of high end fixtures and fittings including Miele appliances and Zip Hydrotaps, matte black sinks and tapware and power tower charging stations within the stone benchtop
- Installation of stairwell requiring cutting a section of the concrete slab on level 32 to make way for new steel, brass and glass staircase.