RMIT: Teaching Spaces – Building 515
Address: Building 515, Level 3, 25 Dawson Street, Brunswick
Client : RMIT University
Final($) : 2.6m
Duration : July 2017 – February 2018
Architect : Paul Morgan Architects
With partnerships built to last, long-term client RMIT University was seeking to upgrade teaching spaces at the Brunswick Campus. The brief was to transform an aged and tired fit out consisting of numerous small classrooms, storage areas, staff rooms and amenities into bright and spacious classrooms and breakout spaces.
Short time frame experts, Harris HMC was contracted to deliver an upgrade to match recent refurbishments at the university with a focus on high quality finishes and functionality. The scope of works included:
- Demolition of existing level three layout including classrooms, staff rooms, amenities, central corridor and storage areas back to bare shell
- Construction of new wall linings throughout perimeter walls
- Construction of new stud and glazed walls
- Installation of wall linings including plaster finish, glazed walls, pin boards and glass splashbacks
- Installation of new services including mechanical, fire, electrical, data, AV, operable doors and security cameras throughout
- Anamorphic designed painting throughout.