Address: 10-14 Eastern Beach, Geelong
Client : Erdi Group
Final($) : 3m
Duration : March - November 2018
Architect : Bruce Henderson Architects
Harris HMC was awarded the contract to deliver a multi-million dollar refurbishment to upgrade 109 guest rooms over five floors at the Novotel Geelong. The complete transformation was staged, with one floor renovated at a time to minimise the noise and disruption to guests. With the design inspired by its beachfront location and the city’s street art, the refurbishment included a complete interior fitout to all rooms and public areas and the modernisation of bathrooms in each guest room.
As live environment specialists, Harris HMC spent considerable time planning the project to ensure all works were executed without incident.
The scope of works included:
- Demolition, strip out and refurbishment of five levels of existing accommodation comprising 109 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Refurbishment of common areas, hallways and lift lobbies
- Replacement and installation of joinery, floor coverings, wall and window furnishings and lighting
- Provision of room furnishings and decorative items
- Reconfiguration of ensuite bathrooms including ancillary works, service connections, tiling and the installation of all relevant bathroom fixtures and fittings
- All works associated with electrical, plumbing, mechanical and fire services