Constructed on a uniquely historic site in North Melbourne, the MILQ Apartments (playfully drawing its name from the adjacent Bulla Dairy building) is bold and architecturally designed to complement the area’s Victorian heritage. Specialising in multi-residential construction, Harris HMC delivered an outstanding and award-winning development overcoming many delays and obstacles through meticulous program management.
This four-storey development offers 39 one and two bedroom apartments and features a combination of external finishes that includes mismatched rectangular shaped blocks on the exterior and a timeless façade to integrate gentrification into the site’s strong industrial heritage.
The scope of works involved:
- Construction of 39 apartments over four levels including basement level
- Basement with ‘New York’ style car park and car stacker system
- Additional basement storage including water tanks and bike racks for all apartments
- Courtyards to all apartments
- Installation of European kitchens, stone benchtops, subtle colour palette and high-end timber floor finishes.
Address: 33-35 Arden Street, North Melbourne
Client : Prince Development Services Pty Ltd
Final($) : 9.4m
Duration : March 2016 – August 2017
Architect : Plus Architecture