The project involves construction of new pedestrian bridge from Birrarung Marr Park across Batman Avenue into the Margaret Court Arena precinct and associated works.
Harris HMC are working in a JV partnership with Fitzgeralds, and our part of this project is to construct the extension to the Margaret Court Arena undercroft consisting of:
- New Tennis Australia administration building.
- Service stores for grounds keepers.
- Air-conditioned undercroft carparking which doubles as media space offices during the Australian Open tennis (Australian Open mode AC system).
- The concrete roof of the extension is a paved terrace that the Batman Ave bridge runs in to for access in to the tennis centre from Birrarung Marr park
- The undercroft extension is generally hidden bunker like behind the ‘berm’ embankment rising from ground level to the roof terrace in the Margaret Court Arena grounds.
Sector: Commercial, Government
Address: Margaret Court Arena
Client : Major Projects Victoria; Melbourne City Council; & Tennis Australia
Final($) : Estimated $6.05m
Contract Type : Joint Venture
Duration : 10 months
Architect : John Wardle Architects