This City of Whitehorse appointed Harris HMC to provide a much needed sporting facility for the Kew/Box-Hill Hockey Club with a very striking architectural design. The council was focused on delivering a quality project, on time for the clubs. They also wanted a smooth, collaborative process.
The project was comprised of three components the new pavilion, the club room refurbishment and the walkway canopy and external works.
New build pavilion
- Architecturally striking ‘curved’ design
- New suspended slab on blockwork on footings with structural steel frame
- New major service reticulation including water, gas, power, sewer and stormwater
- Feature curved roof in 3 distinct waves
- New feature façade made up of polycarb cladding, brickwork, exotec cladding and doors.
- Internal fit-out including commercial kitchen, bathrooms, change-rooms, multi-purpose rooms and storage rooms
Existing club room refurbishments:
- Existing club room refurbishment including demolition, strip-out and structural upgrades
- New fitout of bathrooms, change rooms and storage areas
- Upgrade to façades.
Walkway canopy and external works:
- New entrance walkway canopy with curved roof
- External paving slabs, stairs, ramps including handrails
- Upgraded carparking and binstore
Address: 653 Elgar Road, Mont Albert
Client : Whitehorse City Council
Final($) : 3.27m
Duration : March 2017 - October 2017